REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – Individual Consultant)
Name of Project: Results Based Road maintenance and Safety Project (RRMSP)
Loan No: 8489-AL
Reference / Project No: P132982
The Government of Albania (GoA) has received a loan in the amount of 65.9 Million Euro’s financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Results Based Road maintenance and Safety Project (RRMSP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for individual consulting services.
The Government of Albania is intending to borrow to finance Albania Bridge Rehabilitation and Upgrade for Safety and Resilience. The Project will be implemented by the Ministry of Infrastructure through Albanian Road Authorities (ARA). The objectives of the project will be Sustainability of the Road Bridges along Albania’s National Road Network through Rehabilitation and Strengthening for better Resilience to Climate Change and Geological hazards.
The consulting service for the a Environmental Safeguard Specialist, is the key instrument to ensure initial project compliance with the relevant World Bank requirements for projects with a large number of yet unspecified and relatively small-scale interventions at yet unknown locations. Such is the case of the Albania Bridge Rehabilitation and Upgrading Project, where the exact locations, scope, designs of the physical interventions will only be finalized during project implementation.
The individual consultant will work closely with the ARA/PMT – Project Manager and will be responsible for the following key tasks and will not be limited to:
- the Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) for the project
- the site-specific Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMPs) for the bridges and culverts to be repaired, rehabilitated or replaced.
Interested Candidates should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications, they are familiar with environmental safeguards requirements in projects funded by the World Bank demonstrate previous experience in Environmental Safeguard Specialist:
- At least a University degree in environmental management, environmental engineering, or related fields;
- At least 5 years of experience in environmental risk management in Albania; exposure to international work would be an advantage;
- Familiar with the National Legislation on Environment and experience with World Bank environmental safeguard policies and the WB’s ESF is a strong advantage;
- Fluency in English and Albanian language and strong report writing ability and communication skills are essential;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill with gender sensitivity, respect for local culture and results oriented attitude;
- Reliable, independent and dynamic worker with high social competency and good team spirit; and
- Willing and able to travel to Project areas.
The initial term of assignment will be for three (3) months, but must not run beyond December 31, 2021. The contract can however be extended subject to the project requirements, availability of fund and provided the performance of the consultant is satisfactory. The individual consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank Consultant guidelines of January 2011 and revised July 2014, and the form of the contract will be used as applicable to individual consultant.
The ARA now invites eligible individual consultants to express their interest in providing the services by submitting the following information at the address given below.
- Name, address, e – mail, and telephone of the individual consultant
- Detailed CV of the individual consultant, which should demonstrate how the Consultant meets the qualifications and experience criteria
- Availability to commence the services
Interested consultants may submit their expression of interest to the following address not later than July 30, 2021 and can obtain any further information from the address given below:
Albanian Roads Authority
Project Management Team for RRMSP
Rruga Sami Frasheri, Nr. 33, Tirane
Attention: Mr. Evis Berberi, Director General
Attn: Klodian Sava/ Project Manager
E – mail address: