REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – Individual Consultant)
Name of Project: Results Based Road maintenance and Safety Project (RRMSP)
Loan No: 8489-AL
Reference / Project No: P132982
The Government of Albania (GoA) has received a loan in the amount of 65.9 Million Euro’s financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Results Based Road Maintenance and Safety Project (RRMSP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for individual consulting services.
The Government of Albania is intending to borrow to finance the Albanian Road Asset Management Systems Project. The Project will be implemented by the Ministry of Infrastructure through Albanian Road Authority (ARA). The objectives of the project will be the establishment of an objective method of maintaining Albania’s National Road Network through the establishment of a Road Asset Management System (RAMS) for better Resilience to Climate Change and Geological hazards.
The consulting service provided by the RAMS Coordinator, is a key instrument to ensure initial project compliance with the relevant requirements of the World Bank loan. Such is the case of the Albania Road Asset Management System Project, where the exact locations, scope, designs of the physical interventions will only be finalized during project implementation.
The individual consultant will work closely with the ARA/PMT – Project Manager and other members of the RAMS Unit. They will be responsible for the following key tasks and will not be limited to:
• responsible for the full operations of RAMS as a complete system,
• coordination of data entry into the system, knowing its capabilities and limitations,
• organization of training,
• providing Budget Recommendations for RAMS investment to the Director General of ARA and GoA, preparation of multiyear strategic and rolling work programs for road maintenance, and
Interested Candidates should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications, they are familiar with the requirements of RAMS in projects funded by the World Bank and demonstrate previous experience as a RAMS Coordinator.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in finance/economics/business or Civil Engineer with roads equivalent experience; 3 years since finishing Bachelor’s degree / 2 years since Master’s degree from accredited university;
• At least 2 years experience in pavements or finance/economics/business management. Some knowledge in asset management would be nice to have;
• Capacity to communicate orally and in writing in both Albanian and English languages;
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, demonstrated ability to work in a team, teamwork skills;
• Have no restriction for travel,
Duration of service of the RAMS Coordinator should be within a period as fourteen (14) months but must not run beyond December 31, 2022
The individual consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank Consultant guidelines of January 2011 and revised July 2014, and the form of the contract will be used as applicable to individual consultant.
The ARA now invites eligible individual consultants to express their interest in providing the services by submitting the following information at the address given below.
a) Name, address, e – mail, and telephone of the individual consultant
b) Detailed CV of the individual consultant, which should demonstrate how the Consultant meets the qualifications and experience criteria
c) Availability to commence the services
Interested consultants may submit their expression of interest to the following address not later than 12.00 (CET) on October 28, 2021 and can obtain any further information from the address given below:
Albanian Roads Authority
Project Management Team for RRMSP
Rruga Sami Frasheri, Nr. 33, Tirane
Attention: Mr. Evis Berberi, Director General
Attn: Klodian Sava/ Project Manager
E – mail address: [email protected]