REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – Individual Consultant)
Name of Project: Results Based Road maintenance and Safety Project (RRMSP)
Loan No: 8489-AL
Reference / Project No: P132982
The Government of Albania (GoA) has received a loan in the amount of 65.9 Million Euro’s financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Results Based Road maintenance and Safety Project (RRMSP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for individual consulting services.
The Government of Albania is intending to borrow to finance Albania Bridge Rehabilitation and Upgrade for Safety and Resilience. The Project will be implemented by the Ministry of Infrastructure through Albanian Road Authorities (ARA). The objectives of the project will be Sustainability of the Road Bridges along Albania’s National Road Network through Rehabilitation and Strengthening for better Resilience to Climate Change and Geological hazards.
The consulting service for the a Social Safeguard Specialist, is the key instrument to ensure initial project compliance with the relevant World Bank requirements for projects with a large number of yet unspecified and relatively small-scale interventions at yet unknown locations. Such is the case of the Albania Bridge Rehabilitation and Upgrading Project, where the exact locations, scope, designs of the physical interventions will only be finalized during project implementation.
The individual consultant will work closely with the ARA/PMT – Project Manager and will be responsible for the following key tasks and will not be limited to:
- Preparation of the Resettlement Policy Framework (RFP) for the project.
- Prepare the Resettlement Action Plans for at least 5 sub-projects to be included in the project.
- Prepare the Stakeholder Engagement Plan for the Project.
- Carry out the necessary stakeholder consultations.
- Preparation of the Labor Management Procedures (LMP).
- Prepare the social sections of the Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF). The social section shall cover any social risks but not those related to land acquisition nor to labor and working conditions.
Interested Candidates should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications, they are familiar with social safeguards requirements in projects funded by the World Bank demonstrate previous experience in Social Safeguard Specialist.
- At least University degree in Psychology, Sociology, Law or any other field related with social sciences,
- 3 years of work experience in projects, activities whereby candidates have worked in mitigation of the land acquisition (resettlement) impacts and relevant training
- Experience in community engagement, in working on health and safety issues;
- Familiar with the National Legislation on expropriation as well as labor laws and occupational health and safety
- Knowledge on The World Bank Environmental and Social Framework Standards or EBRD performance standards, knowledge on preparation of World Bank ESS documents is an asset,
- Capacity to communicate orally and in writing in both Albanian and English languages,
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, teamwork skills;
- Have no restriction for travel,
The initial term of assignment will be for three (3) months, but must not run beyond December 31, 2021. The contract can however be extended subject to the project requirements, availability of fund and provided the performance of the consultant is satisfactory. The individual consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank Consultant guidelines of January 2011 and revised July 2014, and the form of the contract will be used as applicable to individual consultant.
The ARA now invites eligible individual consultants to express their interest in providing the services by submitting the following information at the address given below.
- Name, address, e – mail, and telephone of the individual consultant
- Detailed CV of the individual consultant, which should demonstrate how the Consultant meets the qualifications and experience criteria
- Availability to commence the services
Interested consultants may submit their expression of interest to the following address not later than July 30, 2021 and can obtain any further information from the address given below:
Albanian Roads Authority
Project Management Team for RRMSP
Rruga Sami Frasheri, Nr. 33, Tirane
Attention: Mr. Evis Berberi, Director General
Attn: Klodian Sava/ Project Manager
E – mail address: [email protected]