VACANCY: Finance Manager
Location: Tirana, Albania
Employment Type: Full time employment
Application deadline: 20 August 2019
This is a project of Swiss Development Cooperation and implemented by a consortium of three Albanian organizations, Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA), Partners Albania and Co-PLAN. LevizAlbania is an innovative project designed to have a catalytic effect on local democracy in Albania. The project is already in its second phase which will be implemented in the period July 2019 – June 2023.
The main role of this position is to manage the Finances of the project in compliance with the project implementation frame and the applicable financial and accounting rules and regulations:
- Develop internal procedures to ensure proper monitoring and controlling;
- Maintain accurate documentation in compliance with Albanian law & donor regulation;
- Responsible for reconciliation of all accounts and ledgers and for keeping accurate and up to date financial information in GMS (grant management system);
- Prepare staff salary and monthly/ annual tax declarations;
- Prepare annual project budget;
- Plan and manage cash flow needs of the office;
- Assess grantee financial management capacity and monitor the use of grant funds on regular basis;
- Review grantee financial reports and make recommendations for follow-up action;
- Provide technical assistance to resolve outstanding issues associated with financial reports or grantee audits;
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with consortium partners and with SDC regarding financial issues;
- Prepare financial reports for Team Leader, Consortium and SDC, as required;
- Provide Team Leader with accurate and timely information, analysis, and forecasting as needed for strategic planning;
- Work with the Team Leader to create and develop a sustainable and value-added strategy for the project.
- University degree (Master) in finance, accounting;
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in finance management, accounting;
- Very good knowledge of NGO Albanian financial-related legal framework (tax, accounting standards);
- Very good communicating, coordinating and organizing skills; ability to adapt and to be flexible;
- Ability to work harmoniously with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with and between different levels of project personnel and counterparts;
- Resourcefulness, good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Excellent PC user skills in Microsoft Office package, particularly in Excel (formulas, pivot tables, etc.).
The application should include a cover letter and the CV in English. Other supporting documents are welcomed. Please indicate in e-mail subject specification about your application: Application – Project Finance Manager – Name Surname. The application should arrive not later than 20 August 2019 via email to: [email protected]. For further information visit our website: www.levizalbania.al
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
LevizAlbania is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested groups without any discrimination!