REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
Western Balkans Trade and Transport Facilitation Project
“Local Administrative Assistant”
Ref. No. WBTTF-ALB-411F-1
Project: Western Balkans Trade and Transport Facilitation Project Using the Multiphase Programmatic Approach
Loan No.: IBRD-89330-AL
Assignment Title: “Local Administrative Assistant”
Reference No.: WBTTF-ALB–411F-1
Recently the Government of Albania has received a loan from IBRD under the project “Western Balkans Trade and Transport Facilitation”. The Program includes two phases which will be implemented over five years each. The project is part of the first phase of the joint Program for the Western Balkans countries, which intends to facilitate the achievement of their Governments’ goal of reducing trade costs and increasing transport efficiency through a longer‐term, adaptive, and continuous engagement. Phase 1 includes Albania, North Macedonia and Serbia. Phase 2 includes Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo and Montenegro.
The project proposes an integrated approach including three connected dimensions, to help reduce trade cost and increase transport efficiency in the Western Balkans. These include measures aimed at: (i) Facilitating cross- border movement of goods, (ii) enhancing transport efficiency and predictability; (iii) enhancing market access for trade in services and investments.
The objective of this assignment is to provide administrative and logistical support in close collaboration with the Head of PIU, help coordinate the information flow, and track the project team task delivery schedule.
The Administrative assistant is expected to perform the following tasks but not limited:
• Keep meeting minutes and draft summaries;
• Follow the implementation timeline of the team members assigned tasks;
• Provide language support as needed, including translation, interpretation and text editing;
• Offer logistical and operational support to the Head of PIU and the expert’s team, during project activities’ implementation;
• Prepare document templates for project use, and support preparation of presentations;
• Maintain the project technical documents archive, both paper and digital;
• Keep up-to-date and prepare for archiving/safeguarding all documentation relevant for project preparation and implementation;
• Prepare and monitoring a preview weekly-agenda meetings and VC, for head of PIU and Experts team.
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: https://financa.gov.al/
This assignment is expected to commence in December 2021, and is expected to terminate upon in August 2022. The assignment shall be for a period of 9 months, and renewable subject to satisfactory performance. The Administrative assistant shall mainly work onsite (within the MoFE offices in Tirana, in the PIU premises) to support all project activities on a full time basis during this assignment time.
The Administrative Assistant should have:
• A University Master Degree is requested for this application, advanced qualifications would be considered as an asset ;
• At least 5 years of professional experience in related jobs , preferably in donor-supported projects;
• Experience in administration and archiving;
• Experience in cooperation, correspondence and communication with the public sector;
• Ability to work in a team, handle multiple complex tasks concurrently, able to prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong writing/reporting and presentation skills;
• Strong interpersonal, networking and team building skills.
• Working experience on the administrative procedures of the World Bank related projects would be considered an asset
• Prior professional experience with international, regional, or bilateral World Bank and/or other donors-funded projects would be considered an asset;
• Experience in progress reporting, prior organizational, logistical and administrative experience working in government and nongovernment sector;
• Training activities in the field Planning and Programming would be considered as an asset;
• Excellent writing, communication and data manipulation skills;
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of the MS Office suite (primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and online document-sharing platforms;
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Albanian and English.
The service will be selected under the provisions of the World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (Procurement Regulations), in investment project financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services, dated July 2016, revised November 2017 based on the method of Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultant (IC), Time- Based Contract.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 08:00 to 16:00, Mondays to Thursdays, and from 08:00 to 14:00 on Fridays.
Expressions of interest (CV, Cover letter and documentary evidence for fulfilling the qualifications) must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail within December 16th 2020, local time 24:00 am.
Mrs. Veronika KORKAJ, General Director
General Directorate of Financing and Contracting (GDFC)
Ministry of Finance and Economy
Blvd. “Dëshmorët e Kombit”, No. 3, Tirana, Albania