REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Second Multi-Donor Trust Fund for Capacity Building Support to the Implementation of the Integrated Planning System (IPS 2)
“Technical assistance – Expert to Support the Progress and Final Review of Implementation of the Integrated Planning System”
Ref. No. AL-IPS2-P129332-IC-CS-20-04.11
Project: Second Multi-Donor Trust Fund for Capacity Building Support to the Implementation of the Integrated Planning System (IPS 2)
Project ID: P129332
Assignment Title: “Technical assistance – Expert to Support the Progress and Final Review of Implementation of the Integrated Planning System”
Ref. No. AL-IPS2-P129332-IC-CS-20-04.11
The IPS – Trust Fund 2 Project is supporting the Government of Albania in further strengthening the implementation of the Integrated Planning System (IPS), which links strategic policy planning with the budget planning and public financial management more broadly. Main beneficiaries of this project are the Department for Development and Good Governance (DDGG), in the Prime Minister Office (PMO), the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MoEF), line ministries and other institutions. In particular, the project aims to:
- Assist the Government’s reform efforts initiated to improve the budget and policy planning processes, consolidating institutional ownership and capacity to implement the IPS related processes;
- Support the refinement and implementation of the overall IPS framework, including medium term budget program, National Strategy for Development and Integration, and donor coordination;
- Assist the Government in enhancing the performance orientation and systematize results monitoring as part of the IPS cycle;
- Support the development of the new strategic framework, drafting the new National Strategy for Development and Integration 2020 and the frame for the standardization of strategic documents, in accordance with EU-SIGMA requirements;
- Support the public financial management processes, through upgrade of existing legal framework and establishing integrated information systems in place (AFMIS);
- Support for increasing donor coordination capacities in the structures in charge with this function and overall orientation of external assistance in accordance with the government priorities;
- Support enhancing capacities related to the PFM reform strategy in general, and especially to the MTBP implementation;
- Support for increasing performance measurement aspects, improving the linkage between planning and implementation processes, through processes of the IPSIS;
- Strengthen the results focus in policy planning as well as the public financial management, monitoring and evaluation, as well as the results monitoring mechanisms, through integration of the three MIS (AFMIS; IPSIS and EAMIS);
Main objective of the assignment is assessing/reviewing the progress and results achieved during the implementation of the project activities against project milestones and project result framework matrix. Also, developing and sharing the recommendations with development partners and national stakeholders on future similar interventions.
The assignment is expected to start in June 2020, and continue until end of June 2020. The consultant shall mainly work on remote basis due to covid-19 pandemic situation, to support all project activities on a part time during this assignment.
The Consultant should possess the following qualifications:
- Master degree in one of the following disciplines (e.g. economic sciences, law, international relations).
- Not less than 10 years of practical experience in developing and drafting strategic documents, Strategy/Action Plans, drafting progress reports related to strategic frame documents, involvement in preparing large and complex programs and/or projects related to public sector and/or private sector.
- Not less than 10 years of experience in large scale review/evaluations of Programmes/ Projects in the field of development cooperation.
- Good knowledge and long experience dealing with sustainable development goals and/or millennium development goals, would be a considered an asset.
- Excellent communication, monitoring, analytical and report writing skills.
- Working experience with EU and /or other Donors agencies (World Bank, Sida, SDC, UN) is desirable.
- Fluency in both Albanian and English languages is required.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition, revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 08:00 to 16:30, Mondays to Thursdays, and from 08:00 to 14:00 on Fridays.
The service will be selected under the provisions of the World Bank’s Guidelines for the Selection and Employment of Consultants, January 2011, revised July 2014, based on the method of Selection of Individual Consultants (IC), Time Based Contract.
The complete Terms of Reference is posted on the website of Ministry of Finance and Economy: http://financa.gov.al
Expressions of interest (CV, Cover letter and documentary evidence for fulfilling the qualifications) must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by e-mail within June 4th, 2020, local time 12:00 pm.
Veronika Korkaj, General Director
General Directorate for Financing and Contracting of EU, World Bank and Other Donor Funds/ Central Finance and Contracting Unit
Ministry of Finance and Economy
Blvd: Dëshmorët e Kombit, No. 3, Tirana, Albania
E-mail: [email protected]